Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Intentional Strength

I solemnly swear to back up made intentions,
to linger in the shadows for only as long as it takes.
I am searching
I am watching
if just cause is seen
I can do it all
I can do anything!

I found myself a long time ago!
Do this,
can't do that,
is not in my vocabulary now.
For I have walked in the dark
many nights ago I lived there fruitfully
biding my time
reading the answers that no one else saw but me.

The fertility of my life
started many years after birth.
The windows opened just so slightly,
crawling out on my knees
I stood strong in all of my grief.
I rested building my strength,
turning the lights out
in the dark everything is easier to see.

My mind has played tricks,
Dictating my future,
from a past that I refuse to let rule me
any longer!
I spat words of anger,
in remembrance of my yesterdays.
I do not take lightly,
being told my mind is baffled.
I have done everything that I was told I could never do!
I have proven all wrong,
when they sat back and slighted me endlessly!

My only failures were the ones in which I never tried,
all can be overcome when you believe in yourself
no matter the trials that are set forth.
Dreams do come true,
if they are meant to be.
Some may be illusions,
but only you can determine that in your own time.

conquer
devour
swallow the fear that holds you back,
for nothing is won in backward steps!

Savor
relish
all of the battles that are fought,
for all are won in this game we call life.

Find the victory that lays just beneath the surface!
Find the heart that you were given!
Use it on yourself just this once,
for sometimes it is in our own minds that all is lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...