Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Part of Me

Invisibility conquers the soul
you think that you know who I am
but in reality you have no clue.
I feel like I am immortal
flesh covers my body
but I am not seen as human. 

I have been seen through
for as long as I can remember.
I know it is self afflicted
I have always done for another
as I leave myself open.

I am not sure if this can be reversed 
can you go from being every-bodies thing
to someone who means something to you?
How can the shadow on the wall
possess a form of blood and flesh
that speaks volumes that everyone will have to understand.

You think you know me
but you really do not
for if you did you would see the pain
that is hidden under my own cloak of fear.
You think you understand me
but you really never can.
The use of a person for your own good
has never been something that I find appealing.  

I have walked and made a thousand trips
in a circle looking for my escape.
I have thought thoughts that would leave you cold
like I feel in my everyday life.
I do not fear you
as much as I fear myself.
I can feel my self control turning into poison
it is only a matter of time before all is lost.
It is only a matter of time
before the truth of my feelings 
finds you in conflict with yourself.

I am preparing myself for something more,
I am done being nothing more to you than a means to an end.
One day soon you will realize that the shadow on the wall,
was just one part of the whole me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...