Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Broken

I am not broken,
but I am cracked along the edges.
Like a fracture that never heals,
I feel a glimmer of pain that holds me still.
I am not lost in the dark,
but my reality has dimmed to an unstable flicker.
Only my shadow on the wall reminds me
that it is still daylight outside.

I am not broken,
but I feel like I am shattered.
I am not done,
but I have come close more than I'd like to admit.
I am not down for the count,
but I feel myself falling into hopelessness.

I am not broken,
but I hold pieces of me in bloodied hands.
I am not doomed,
but I have meant the gate keeper in my dreams.
I am not blind,
but I can only see with a blur of restlessness.

I am not broken,
but I am not whole!
I am not deaf,
but I think I have missed a lesson in life.
I am not mute,
But sometimes I am left in silence.

I am not broken, not just yet.
I have a will, to achieve the un-achievable.
I may be shattered,
but the pieces lie in my hands steadily.
I have meant the gate keeper a time or two,
But he has never had the strength to keep me.

I am not broken, not just yet!
I may have missed a lesson,
but life will teach me along the way.
I may be silent,
but my words will never be mute.
I am not broken, no, not just yet!

I am not broken!
I never give up!
I have a strength, stronger than my weakness!
The broken may fall,
but they never hit bottom for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...