Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Whispering Ghost

Despite the happiness that I try to live
my mind cannot find ease.
I am lost in this darkness
listening to a whispering ghost
taunting me to follow him.
I am entranced with his eagerness
I am undaunted by the control he has over me.

I follow him step by step
as he walks me down a hall of pain.
I see the world as he does,
visions of war with no gain.
The words of hate scrambling together,
loud enough to deafen everyone who pays attention.

I search his eyes looking for meaning
to the thoughts that he shares with me in confusion.
He is merely no more than a whisper against the wind
searching for the answers
that he never understood in the flesh.

I am lost in his weakness
portraying a strength that I do not bare.
I am lost in my own conflict of thoughts
trying to understand him
when I do not even understand myself.

My feet start walking from where I came,
the visions on the walls scream their unjustified pain.
A world where there is no peace
a time of conflict that only some will endure.
A blind eye to all of the trauma
that we ignore with falsified blame.

I stand where I began
nothing has been accomplished in fear.
I can still hear the echo of the wall!
The torment that I tried to escape
has been embedded in my mind.
I hear the lesson
that the whispering ghost wanted to teach me.
I am lost in a world that does not see its fault.
Forever lost in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...