Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A step away from perfect

I remember the first time that I rode across that bridge
the whole world became so secluded,
it was just me and him.
The trees were ready to turn
into a colorful rainbow of beauty.
The excitement in his eyes
with that glitter of gold
was the first moment
that I felt a crack in my mold.

My insides were in knots
the touch of his hand sent chills
straight through to my heart.
I was not ready
to let myself go again.
To many bad memories of the way
that it felt to give my heart away.
But it was a lost cause
and after the first night in his arms so was I.

There was nothing like the beginning
sneaking off into the silence
where no one else could reach us.
A kiss to the ear lobe
with a whisper of endearment.
I almost thought it was a game
to feel so much for someone
who acted like they felt the same.

The pictures speak volumes
into two hearts who found peace
nothing left unsaid and
nothing left un-felt.
A pat to the cheek with a kiss to the lips
a gentle spank in a teasing manner
that would lead a school girl to blush.

A deal that was among two
that the world could only guess upon.
It was the little things that meant the most
for things you can never take away.
A cuddle in arms that was the strongest ever felt,
a hand out of nowhere that proved
emotionally he was still there.

The little things were forgotten over time,
the world became to busy to remember
a love that is to be left in time.
Leaving nothing in its wake but a memory.

The memories keep her awake
she watches him sleep
wishing she didn't miss him so.
She beckons her heart to stop the beat
that he so easy accomplished
while she laid unaware.

The bridge that at one time gave her such excitement
was just another day that she knew
she would be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...