Saturday, July 12, 2014

Religious Wars

Last night my middle aged daughter asked me a question that had been bugging her but because of her belief in the bible she had not asked it out loud. Maybe it was because she was trying to figure out the answer on her own or it was because she was worried that God would look at her differently if she did. Maybe it was because she didn't want to seem like a traitor to her own people, I do not know the answer to that or the answer to the question that she asked me. To be honest I did not even answer her because I did not know the answer at the time, and I still may not but here is what I believe. 

Her question- Why do we go to war with other countries and ourselves over religion? 

Her thoughts about her question- We were raised Christians and so we believe in our God and our bible, it is a way of life for us. BUT other religions were raised the same way and completely believe in their bible and way of living. We make them seem bad when we are making them bad by telling them who and what to believe in. We argue over who's God is better and right and we should not be allowed to. Other countries don't kill us for believing in our God so what makes us kill them and make up different reasons to make it look like it is okay?

At first my thought was WOW this kid has really thought this through for a thirteen year old. I also knew right off that it had to be hard for her to speak the words that she was thinking because she has always been the bible pusher in our home and she loves her God to the fullest. I have for a very long time wondered the same thing, how can we say their God is not just as great at ours? You will hear people say the answer is this, our God does not wish to kill others as these TERRORIST Gods do. But is that the truth or the made up truth we want others to believe? Are they only protecting their beliefs as we do when we go and murder children and their families in other countries? Who is the real terrorist, them or us? I hate to say this but I will! I believe we are! We find any reason to start a war just because someone is not like us and do not believe like us. We go fight for these people "so called rights" as we are losing more of ours everyday. 

I refuse to tell my children that our God is the better God because I have no proof that that is true, I have not read their bibles and I have not sat in their churches during services. I refuse to listen to the media and I refuse to listen to our Government when they spin their tales of why it is okay for us to go into another country and murder innocent people. There is not one country that does not have BAD GUYS, there is not one religion that does not have corrupt followers. I do not believe we should go anywhere and tell others what to believe in when we have that war right here in the Untied States. I think all bibles should be in our schools, not just the one that we believe in and I believe the Untied States would be better off it that were allowed and they just left everyone else alone. 

My answer to her will be this- In their own way they have taken our right from us in which beliefs are right and wrong because we can no longer pray in schools as we once did. But for all of you that will only agree with that one statement think of this, who started the war against religions? Blame your own people before you blame other countries, for we taught them well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...