Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weeping Willow Wisdom Rebuttal

Weeping willow tree
I know what you told me!
I cannot help but to reflect
on the story you had given so freely.

As it may be you are stronger than me!
You may have weathered many storms
and broken many limbs
however after your trials
you still have something to hold on to.

You have marked your territory
in which you stand,
that is something that can never change.
A humans life is ever changing
we move on when we have figured the pain is to much to bear.

You have a root that cannot feel,
I have a heart that feels every pang.
You can tell your story as it may be,
but you have never had to shuffle your feet.

How I wish that I could be you,
never have to worry about being in an others shoe.
I would never have to worry about tomorrow,
I would be steadfast day after day in the same place.

Now do not take for granted what you have,
as you watch the sun come up
and the moon to take its place.
I may be a human who will leave this place
as you still stand proud.
Giving me more reason to want more than I have!

I will come back and visit you again,
maybe then you will see that your presence
is all that I was in search of from the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...