Tuesday, October 17, 2017

False Strength

I am trying to be strong
in this moment of weakness.
I am trying to hide my tears,
as my throat feels like it will
explode in defeat. 

I am tired of suppressing 
my emotions to keep peace.  
I deserve to be heard as 
everyone else around me.
I do not run and I do not hide
when words are spoken to me
that I may not like.

I am more than a shadow on
the wall, there are wishes and
dreams that I also search for.
It seems as if I give away to
much of myself,always receiving
the short end of the stick. I allow
myself to be taken for granted, I
smile away my feelings like they
do not really matter.

I can feel it,
but to speak it would cause
bitterness and pain.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth

 Self worth… thats a hard one to talk about. Why? Why is hard to talk about? What is even harder is the fact that so many people are searchi...